Because the staff of our Spinal Cord Injury program specializes in this unique type of injury, we understand the importance of treating the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of our patients and their families.
We care for spinal cord injury patients using specialized inpatient and outpatient care that includes physical, occupational and speech therapies, skin care, bowel and bladder management, gait training, community re-entry and more.
Advantages of our Spinal Cord Injury program include:
- Lite Gait System, a treadmill, to help patients practice assisted walking without the risk of falls
- In-room environmental control units that allow patients to perform essential tasks like making phone calls without requiring assistance
- Aquatic center for walking and standing therapies in a near-weightless environment
- Driver simulator to test patients’ driving potential and to practice driving in a safe environment
- Wheelchair clinic that uses pressure mapping for the most comfortable fit available
- Care and preventive education programs teach patients and families how to take responsibility for care
- A continuum of specialized inpatient and outpatient spinal cord injury therapies
Drake Center receives CARF‘s highest accreditation. Click here to read more.
For more information on Drake Center’s Spinal Cord Injury program, call: 513.418.2593 or 800.948.0003 (ext. 2593).